Hyderabad, October 8th, 2017 : The 8th edition of Hyderabad Triathlon 2017 - touted as India’s Biggest Open Triathlon event, was hosted by Great Hyderabad Adventure Club (GHAC), on Sunday, October 8th 2017 at three locations of Gachibowli Stadium, ICFAI Business School, Shankarpally and Oakridge International School, Khajaguda, in Hyderabad. The event which started at 5.00 am and went on till late evening, drew a footfall of over 3500 spectators and 1800 plus participants across different categories.
Triathlon is an athletic contest consisting of three different events, typically swimming, cycling, and long-distance running. For the first time in the history of Olympics, the Triathlon has been included as an event in the just concluded Rio Olympics. GHAC which organizes this event is India's largest adventure club and has over 30,000 members and has conducted over 4000 meet-ups till date.
The event had different race categories:
- 3/4 Iron Triathlon: 9 kms (Swim); 135 kms (Cycle); 31 kms (Run)
- 1/2 Iron Triathlon: 9kms (Swim); 90 kms (Cycle); 21.1 kms (Run)
- Olympic Triathlon: 5 kms (Swim); 40 kms (Cycle); 10 kms (Run)
- Mini Triathlon: 50 mts (Swim); 4 kms (Cycle); 1 km (Run)
- Power Duathlon: 1 kms (Run); 90 kms (Cycle); 10 kms (Run)
- Super Duathlon: 15 kms (Run); 60 kms (Cycle); 10 kms (Run)
- Olympic Duathlon: 10 kms (Run); 40 kms (Cycle); 5 kms (Run)
- Sprint Duathlon: 5 kms (Run); 20 kms (Cycle); 3 kms (Run)
- Novice Duathlon: 8 kms (Cycle) ;2 kms (Run)
- Mini-Duathlon: 4 km (Cycle); 1 kms (Run)
- Power Aquathlon: 5 km (Swim); 10 Kms (Run)
- Mini Aquathlon: 50 mts (Swim) - 1 Km (Run)