Hyderabad Apollo Hospitals Silver Jubilee Celebrations
Hyderabad, 27th August, 2013: Apollo Hospitals, the first super-specialty hospital in Andhra Pradesh and the first functional Health City in Asia has completed 25 years in service of the community. Launched on 27 August, 1988 as a 150 bedded hospital on a hillock in the then outskirts of Hyderabad, Apollo Hospitals has evolved into a global healthcare destination. Apart from serving the healthcare needs in the Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh and India, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad today serves patients from over 50 countries.
Multiple important milestones have been a part of this journey and each one of these milestones has provided us the energy and motivation to move to the next one. This institution was the first hospital in Andhra Pradesh (the only hospital in Andhra Pradesh to date) to be accredited by the Joint Commission International, USA and was also the first hospital in the world to be certified for management of stroke. Ever since the Week Magazine instituted the ‘Best Hospital’ Survey, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad has been at the top of the list. Awards from Hospital Management, Asia, FICCI Healthcare Awards, Avaya Global Connect Awards, G20 Award, Super brand and a variety of others have made us proud, but the biggest award we have received is the trust of our patients, the medical fraternity and the community which has translated into our being the hospital of choice.
Technological supremacy, continuous skill enhancement and an environment of innovation coupled with our patient centric approach have been critical to the success of Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad. Speaking on the occasion, Mrs.Sangita Reddy, Executive Director, Apollo Group of Hospitals said, “While we are extremely happy with our journey in the last 25 years, we believe that there is a lot more to be done. While celebrating the success of the last 25 years, we are recommitting ourselves to the challenges of the next 25 years“.
Some of the highlights of Apollo Hospitals Hyderabad include:
1. A perfect network of emergency services with emergency rooms located in 5 different locations of the twin cities all linked by an ambulance network. Hyderabad was the first to introduce the four digit emergency number (1066) in the country.
2. With over 300 beds dedicated to Critical Care, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad has the largest Critical Care department. Cutting-edge infrastructure, super-specialist doctors and globally benchmarked protocols ensure outstanding clinical outcomes. This is one of the few institute in the country practicing techniques like ECMO and non-invasive ventilation.
3. Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery and Oncology have evolved as Centers of Excellence at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad. Apart from offering a comprehensive range of services, these specialties have global recognition for their results. Whether it is a complex angioplasty, micro neurosurgery, robotic cancer surgery or bone marrow transplantation, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad produces clinical outcomes that match with the best institutions in the world.
4. Apollo Hospitals lists amongst the top institutions in the world in terms of cochlear implantation surgery. Having performed over 700 cochlear implantation surgeries, this institution also holds the world record for having performed the highest number of cochlear implants in a single day (Limca Book of Records)
5. The Transplant Institute at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad is one of the few institutes that offers a comprehensive range of services including Kidney Transplant, Liver Transplant, Cornea Transplant and Heart Transplant.
6. Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad is home to a number of CSR Activities. Save a Childs Heart, Society for the Hearing Impaired and CURE Foundation for Cancer have touched the lives of over 100,000 needy patients in the form of free screening, diagnostics and treatment. We are extremely proud of these initiatives.
7. With state-of-the-art diagnostics, cutting-edge therapeutics, education, research, wellness, healthcare IT and alternative medicine on the same campus, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad offers a unique blend of services ultimately delivering the best healthcare options.
8. On the occasion of the Silver Jubilee we are launching two new initiatives (Collaboration with University of Rochester, USA and Healthy Schools) and are committed to launch at least one new initiative every month during the Silver Jubilee Year.
Mrs. Preetha Reddy, Managing Director, Apollo Group of Apollo Hospitals added that “Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad has given the country a number of innovative concepts in healthcare. Specialties like Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine in India were born in this institution, technology like PET-CT Scan and MRI with ambience control became available at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad for the first time in India, clinical protocols for management of Acute Stroke and Primary Angioplasty were developed here and techniques like minimally invasive spinal surgery and radio-isotope ablation of tumors were first performed here. This institution nurtures innovation and I am confident we will see many more path-breaking initiatives from Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad.
Speaking on the occasion Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Chairman, Apollo Group of Hospitals said “I have always believed that Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad is the biggest, the most beautiful and the best in the group. Its growth from a 150 bedded hospital to a Health City has been amazing and surpassed all expectations. I wish to greet the entire Apollo Family on this occasion. One success is the beginning of a journey towards the next success. In the next 25 years Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad will do much more than the first 25 years. Our association with University of Rochester Medical Centre, USA will provide us the fuel that will propel us to a different platform. I am extremely happy that we have decided to work together and create a new model of healthcare, combining the best of the east and the west. It has been my dream to create a platform for quality emergency care and we have done multiple things towards this goal. Today is a significant day as I believe we are launching a program that offers the right to emergency care for trauma victims. The Healthy School program apart from building a healthy next generation will also provide access quality trauma care to the student and his/her family in case of an accident. We invite all the schools to be a part of this unique program.”