Movies | Music | Music

Ragalahari
ADVERTISEMENT

Family Health Survey Launch by Helping Hand Foundation at Media Plus Auditorium, Hyderabad

ADVERTISEMENT

Introduction
City based NGO, Helping Hand Foundation, carried out first of its kind sample survey on ‘Family Health* for the minority community residing in the. Old city and other Urban Slums of Hyderabad - this door to door survey which started on 2nd May, 2017 concluded on 20th May, 2017, 25 volunteers were involved in covering 88 localities. 5485 households have been surveyed, covering the old city areas (See Table) and almost all urban slums in the South, Central, East and North of Hyderabad.

Objectives

  1. To study the health and socio-economic problems of the principal minority community living in the old city & other urban slums of Hyderabad.
  2. To engage the civil society, key stakeholders in the government and the political leadership to focus effort on improving the prevailing ground conditions of the minority community at large.
  3. To present the findings to the well heeled of the community and to give them a broad sense of direction in channelizing their yearly Zakath donations this Ramzan

Demographic Details
The Muslim minority population in the old city and other urban slums are not only economically backward but are living in poor health & other grave socio economic crisis.

In the total sample size, 69.5% women were interviewed out of which 12% women folk were found to be working as domestic help and 78% of women are involved in doing stitching, sari, bangle and artificial jewellery & handcraft work etc at home and 10 % of women are involved in other works.

In the total sample size, 30.5 % Men were interviewed and 80% men were found to be making their living by doing daily wage work and the rest 20 % are involved in doing small business like selling fruits and vegetables.

22% of the respondents did not posses white ration card a basic prerequisite to access various health related & other welfare schemes of the government.

Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey Family Health Survey