Hyderabad, November 15, 2017: Connecting people to the food they love, UberEATS, the on-demand food delivery app, today launched in Hyderabad, making it the 7th city in India to experience the service in just six months. Partnering with over 300 restaurants across the city, Hyderabadis can now order their favourite food from their favourite restaurants such as Paradise Biryani, Pista House, Bawarchi, Cream Stone Ice-cream and many more. Starting November 15, the service will be available across key neighbourhoods in the city viz.,Madhapur, Kondapur, Gachibowli and Kukatpally.
UberEATS launched in the city today in the presence of Jason Droege, Head of UberEverything and Bhavik Rathod, Head of UberEATS, India. Joining the launch was Tollywood’s leading lady Rakul Preet Singh as the first customer to place an order on the UberEATS app in Hyderabad.
Commenting on the launch Bhavik Rathod, Head of UberEATS India said, “We’re excited to launch UberEATS in Hyderabad. The city is known for its rich culture and unique cuisine. It has a fantastic local restaurant community and we are thrilled to be a part of it. We are committed to make eating effortless for everyone, by giving them convenience of ordering food at the push of a button. We hope it helps everyone discover great food through the perfect pairing of amazing restaurant partners, our technology and the Uber delivery network.”
On his maiden India visit to launch UberEATS in Hyderabad, Jason Droege, Head of UberEverything, a business unit within Uber that focuses on creating innovative business ventures that leverage Uber’s extensive logistics network said, “I am thrilled to be a part of the launch in Hyderabad. UberEATS has gained great momentum in India. It has been one of our fastest growing markets in APAC. Consumers as well as restaurant partners have a great appetite for the ease and reliability of food at the push of a button.”
Interesting food trends in the city include the following:
- The city devours more than 7 lakh plates of its famous Hyderabadi dum pukht or slow cooked biryani on a daily basis
- Known for the love of spicy food, Hyderabadis can’t seem to get over the taste of a delectable serving of Chicken 65, which is the most ordered dish in Hyderabad today
- The influence of the Nawabi Darbar or Royal Court is prominent in the dishes served on Hyderabadi streets even today, like Haleem, Mirchi ka Salan and Irani Chai with Osmania biscuits
UberEATS was started in 2014 as a small delivery pilot in Los Angeles and launched as a separate application in Toronto in December 2015. Since then, it has grown incredibly fast, and is now a stand-alone app available in 29 countries and in 130 cities around the globe. In India, UberEATS was first launched in Mumbai in May 2017. Within six months, the service has been expanded to Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Chennai, Chandigarh and is now going live in Hyderabad.
The UberEATS app is separate to the Uber app that people use to request a ride. The app has been built specifically to make food delivery as seamless as possible, at the tap of a button.
Getting started with UberEATS is easy:
- Download the UberEATS app
- Pick delivery location - Input your address where you would like your meal delivered
- Find the perfect meal - Browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type, and sort according to price, dietary needs, and speed, to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
- Place your order - Pick the items you want right away or schedule your order to arrive at your convenience
- Pay through PayTM - Our launch partner, PayTM, will make it easy for you to pay for your orders
- Track the progress of your delivery - Get updates as your order is prepared and track real-time as the order gets delivered to your destination