Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2013
25th August 2013, Hyderabad: Bharti Airtel, a leading integrated telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa hosted its very first TX0 Run' as a part of the 2013 edition ofAirtel Hyderabad Marathon (AHM) that concluded today. The marathon saw corporate heads of several leading companies (including Google, Facebook, International Paper, Netxcell, Invesco, Pramati Technologies, among others) participate in the exclusive TX0 Run' at the third leg of the prestigious Airtel Hyderabad Marathon- and step forward to celebrate as well as encourage the spirit of running among employees and others in the city.
"The enthusiastic participation of runners from Hyderabad 's corporate bodies in previous years has encouraged AHM to give birth to the idea of hosing the first ever CXO's run. AHM believes that with the introduction of CXO run category, marathon running which is considered as a sport for the serious runners will soon be adopted as a healthy sporting practice for corporate captains as well. Above all, the intention is to celebrate the spirit of running and camaraderie" said Mr. Ramesh Menon, Hub CEO – AP and MP&CG, Bharti Airtel (India).
The special TXO's Run' span two kilometres around the stadium.
"The CXO run is conceptualized and developed with the express idea of promoting corporate participation in Al-W2013.Complementing our other greatly successful initiative—the Corporate 5K—the CXO run, we hope, will inspire corporate managements to encourage and adopt running as the preferred form of fitness. We certainly hope that participation by senior management will set an example Jar staff at all corporates across Greater Hyderabad and the country" said Kali Konduly, Spokesperson, Hyderabad Runners.
Third Edition of Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2013 concludes today with record number of participants
• Sri M.T. Krishna Babu, IAS, Commissioner, GHMC & Mr. Ramesh Menon, Hub CEO — AP and MP&CG, Bharti Airtel flagged off Full Marathon at 5:00 am
• Sri M.T Krishna Babu, IAS, Commissioner, GHMC & Mr. Ramesh Menon, Hub CEO— AP and MP&CG, Bharti Airtel flagged off Half Relay Marathon at 5:15 am
• Sri Anurag Sharma, IPS, Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad & Mr. Ramesh Menon, Hub CEO — AP and MP&CG, Bharti Airtel flagged off Half Marathon at 6:00 am.
• Sri Avinash Mohanty, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic, and Cricketer Pragyan Ojha flagged off 5K at 7:00 am
• Mr. Ramesh Menon, Hub CEO — AP and MP & CG, Bharti Airtel and Dr. Somaraju, Chairman and Chief of Cardiology, CARE Hospitals flagged off First ever CXO Run at 9:00am
25th August 2013, Hyderabad: The Third Edition of Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2013 (AHM 2013) concluded today with a record high of close to 6000 participants from over 10 countries.
Flagged off at 5:00 am from the picturesque Husain Sagar Lake, Necklace Road, the AHM 2013 featured 5 categories of races Full Marathon (42.195K), Half Marathon (21.095K), Marathon Relay (4x10.5K), 5K Run and CXO Run.
Close to 6000 participan, from over 10 Countries, 30 National and International Running Clubs This Edition featured an 80 year old as the Oldes Runner and the younges as 13 years.
Cash prizes were awarded for the first three positions in Marathon and Half marathon races in Men's and Women's races and the top two teams in the Relay Marathon. Collectively, winners took home total prize money of Rs 3.15 lacs.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Ramesh Menon, Hub CEO — AP and MP&CG, Bharti Airtel said, —The Airtel Hyderabad Marathon has become a sporting event that now features as a must attend on a runners calendar. We are glad to have brought out the Third Edition this year which saw record participation from runners across different walks of life. Through our strategic association with marathons in India, we look forward to strengthening brand Airtel's appeal"
Building on the grand success of earlier editions, Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2013 was designed to be bigger, and certainly better, conforming to international marathon standards. Held annually in Association with Hyderabad Runners, India's largest running club with over 1800 members, Airtel Hyderabad Marathon is India's 2'd largest Marathon. In a relatively short period of two years, Airtel Hyderabad Marathon has attained the unique distinction of a 'must participate event' for runners all over the world. Alongside, it has been able to mobile the health and fitness conscious citizens of Hyderabad to come together and celebrate the spirit of running.
Airtel Hyderabad Marathon is the 2nd largest marathon in India and the only Marathon in India that finishes at a Sports Stadium.
In this year's Edition, Airtel Hyderabad Marathon saw participation from an 80 year old and a 13 year old thus making them the Oldest and Youngest Runner respectively.
Alongside AHM 2013 has also had the distinction of featuring renowned runners like:
• Major D P Singh, India's Blade Runner: From a soldier injured in the Kargil war to now India's first blade runner; Major Singh will be running this year's Marathon along with 30 other amputees.
• Chris Solarz, a Hedge Funder and multiple Guinness Records holder from New York. Some of the highlights of his running resume include: 220 marathons in 38 countries around the world, a 2:39 marathon PR (personal record), 40 ultra marathons including 6 100 milers, winner of the Mt Everest Marathon, 5 X Guinness World Record holders, and 3X Ironman finisher.
• Kripa Sagar, an ex smoker that started a campaign against cigarette smoking called 'Take a Breath of Fresh Air' for which she will run a full marathon in every State of India.
• Mr. Raghavendra Satish Pen, a blind runner.
Guests of Honour at the Prize Distribution Ceremony at G.M.C. Balayogi Stadium, Gachibowli Stadium • Sri C.V. Anand, Commissioner of Police, Cyberabad
• Sri M Bhagavantha Rao, Managing Director, State Bank of Hyderabad
• Dr. Somaraju, Chairman and Chief of Cardiology, CARE Hospitals
• Prof. Ramakrishna Ramaswamy, Vice Chancellor, University of Hyderabad
• Mr. Ramesh Menon, Hub CEO AP and MP&CG, Bharti Airtel