Akkineni International Awards Gala Function 2015
Akkineni Foundation of America (AFA) kicked off its second annual ‘Akkineni International Awards Gala’ on Sunday, December 20, 2015 at Film Nagar Club, Hyderabad. Few prominent people from various fields were honoured and awarded. AFA has conducted Short Film Competitions to youth and presented Rs. 50,000, Rs 30,000 and Rs 20,000 cash prize for first, second and third winners respectively. The theme of the short film is – ‘Social challenges affecting the youth and possible solutions’. ‘Akkineni Special Edition’ was launched by Akkineni family members.
On this occasion, Dr. Prasad Thotakura, Founder President of the AFA said, “Akkineni Nageswara Rao garu is a great actor. He has carved a special image for himself in the hearts of audience by playing different roles. He had rich personality. His hard work and dedication to achieve his goal will be inspiration to the present youth. Last year, this event was held at Akkineni Nageswara Rao College. There is good relationship between Hyderabad city and Nageswara Rao garu. His struggle to bring the Telugu film industry from Madras to Hyderabad will be remembered forever.”
Naga Suseela said, “First of all I congratulate Akkineni Foundation of America for organising such a good program on the name of my father. They received us well when we visited America. When my father was 90, Dr. Srinivas Reddy garu told me that my father’s heart is very healthy like 50 years old heart. My father had celebrated his last birthday with this foundation members. He used to spend time at conference hall with those members during his last days. AFA is not only presenting awards but also inspiring youth by conducting short film contest with a good cause. My father lived happily till his last breath.”
This year, AFA granted ‘Akkineni International Awards’ to below stalwarts from nine different fields.
1. ‘Lifetime Achievement’ – Super Star, Nata Sekhara Krishna (Legend Hero & Producer).
2. ‘Vishishta Vyapara Ratna’ (Outstanding Entrepreneur) – Sri. AVR Chowdary (G &C Global).
3. ‘Cine Ratna’ – Sri. Kaikala Satyanarayana (Versatile Actor).
4. ‘Rangasthala Ratana’ – Sri. Karnati Lakshminarasayya (92 years, Senior Prajanatudu).
5. ‘Vidya Ratna’ – Sri. Chukka Ramaiah (IIT Ramaiah).
6. ‘Viadya Ratna’ – Dr. Gulla Suryaprakash (Prominent Cardiologist, Director at Care).
7. ‘Seva Ratna’ – – Dr. Sunitha Krishnan (Prajwala organization, fighting for anti sex trafficking).
8. ‘Yuva Ratna’ – Kumari. Poorna Malavath (Scaled Everest at the tender age of 13).
9. ‘Cheneta Kalaratna’ – Sri. Nalla Vijay (Woven a silk saree that can fit in a match box).