‘Akhil’-‘The Power of Jua’ postponed
Akhil Akkineni's much-awaited film ‘Akhil’ which was earlier scheduled to release on October 22, on the eve of Dasara, has been postponed. Latest reports confirmed that the delay is due to some pending computer graphics work. Featuring Akhil, Sayeesha Saigal in the lead roles, the socio-fantasy is directed by VV Vinayak. Since the film marks the launch of Akkineni family’s latest scion, expectations on the film are high. To announce the news officially, the makers of the film have arranged press meet on Friday, October 16 in Hyderabad. Akkineni Nagarjuna, Sudhakar Reddy and VV Vinayak were present at the press meet.
Speaking at the press meet, Akkineni Nagarjuna said, “’Akhil’ has been postponed. I know this delay will hurt the fans. I too eagerly waited to watch the film on October 22. But it has been postponed. The delay is due to some pending computer graphics work. 75% of the CG work came out wonderfully. We felt that the remaining 25% is not perfect. We have not compromised in terms of making. We felt that why to compromise in CG work and that why we decided to go back. I know Akhil will be disturbed with this delay, but he understood the problem and left the decision to us. I have watched the film. It came out wonderfully. Akhil’s dances and fights are very impressive. I was stunned by his performance. Film of late are creating standards with CG work. So that we have to take due care in CG work. I insisted the producers to defer the film for now and asked them to release it with grand promotions. At present, we are planning how to promote the film in a new way.”
Regarding his upcoming film ‘Soggade Chinni Nayana’, Nag said, “The entire shooting has been completed except few works are left. We are looking for a suitable date to release the film.”
“Only 25 days shooting is left for ’Oopiri’. In the same way, ‘Meelo Evaru Koteesarudu’ third session may start from the end of November,” he added.
VV Vinayak said, “I’m sorry to Akkineni fans. Technicians related to CG department asked us some more time. Nagarjuna’s support is unforgettable. We discussed among ourselves and decided to defer the film. It takes one week time for us to get the complete ide on CG work. We are extremely confident that despite of the delay, people will like the film.”
Youngest scion of Akkineni family Akhil is being launched with this film and ‘The Power of Jua’ as the tag line. Beautiful and gorgeous Sayesha Saigal, the grandniece of living legend Dilip Kumar, is making her Tollywood debut through this film. The other prominent cast in the film includes Rajendra Prasad, Brahmanandam, Mahesh Manjrekar, Vennela Kishore and Sathagiri. Sensational director VV Vinayak is directing this action packed film. The film also stars Dilip Kumar’s niece Sayesha Saigal. This most anticipated film is being produced by Youth Star Nithiin and his father N Sudhakar Reddy under his home banner Sreshth Movies. Young music composers Anoop Rubens and SS Thaman have given musical tunes for the film. Amol Rathod is handling the cinematography work, while Kona Venkat is penning the dialogues.